Americans are way behind their fiber intake on a daily basis, data shows that we consume half of the recommended portion. Today’s toast recipe is focused on Fiber intake, we are talking about Soluble fiber that is mostly from plants and is easy to digest. This toast can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even dessert (think dessert Tapas).
- Organic gluten free vegan whole ancient grain Sourdough Pumpernickel bread by Simple Kneads
- 1 Sweet potato (cooked)
- 2 tbsp F3fuel granola (available at Nishib.club/shop)
- 1/4 tsp organic ghee or grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp walnut butter (whipped with MCT oil, sea salt and cinnamon) – Replace with any other nut or seed butter or skip
As shown in the video.
- Digestive Health: Soluble fiber dissolves in water to form a gel-like substance in the digestive tract. This gel helps slow down the digestion process, which can be beneficial for people with diarrhea or loose stools as it can help absorb excess water and form firmer stools.
- Cholesterol Management: Soluble fiber can help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels by binding to cholesterol molecules in the digestive tract and preventing their absorption into the bloodstream. This can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Blood Sugar Control: Soluble fiber can help regulate blood sugar levels by slowing the absorption of sugar and improving insulin sensitivity. This is particularly important for individuals with diabetes or those at risk of developing diabetes.
- Satiety: Foods high in soluble fiber tend to make you feel full and satisfied, which can help with weight management and portion control.